Pages

Friday, 8 May 2020

Social Studies Migration Story

My Migration Story

My whole life I have lived in Christchurch, New Zealand with my family. My brother and I have lived in the same house for our whole life but my parents only bought the house in 1991. My mum was born in Christchurch and my dad was born in Hamilton but lived most of his childhood in Rotorua and then he moved to Christchurch with his brothers and his mum. I have travelled all around NZ and I have been to Australia and my mum and dad have been to places all around the world such as Spain, Wales, France, Hawaii, Scotland, Ireland, Las Vegas, Singapore, Australia and many other places. If there was one place that I could travel to it would be America because I’ve always wanted to go watch an NBA game, if I went to an NBA game I would want to watch either the Lakers, the Bucks or the Nets. My parents said that they have always wanted to travel to somewhere like Greece or someplace tropical. All of my family are New Zealanders. For work my mum has gone to places like Fiji. When I’m older I hope I get to travel all around Europe and America and some tropical places such as Rarotonga. A few years ago I went on a family trip with my aunties, uncles and cousins from christchurch all the way up to the top of the North Island and then we worked our way down back to Christchurch. Some of the places that we visited were Paihia, Cape Reinga, drove on 90 mile beach, Coromandel, Whitianga, Mount Maunganui, Whakatane, Te Araro, Napier and Hastings and then made our way home from their, out of all of the places that we went to my favourite would have to be Hastings because there was this amusement park called Splash Planet. At Splash Planet you could play mini golf, go on the hydroslides, go on the bumpers boats, drive the mini jeeps, go around in the lazy river or just swim normally. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cole, I have found this an interesting read. Looks like you have done a lot of international travel and seen most of NZ. You are very lucky and I am sure that has opened your eyes to what is out there outside of Christchurch.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.