Chapter 66 – Inan
Father stands in his night robes, scanning a faded map. No sign of hatred. Not even a hint of disgust.For him, carving MAGGOT into a girl’s back is just another day’s work.
…
In that instant it hits me: Zulaikha’s death. Zélie’s screams. They don’t mean a thing to him. Because they’re maji, they’re nothing.
This could be compared to / A message I take from this scene is that the father doesn't care about the people that he has killed because they killed his family.
Think about how the word ‘maggot’ is used. This is a slur. Do we have these in real life?
My wondering is why the king is hurting her own daughter?
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.